Grilled Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Subs
Submitted by: Dave G
"Tasty seasoned grilled chicken topped with sun-dried tomatoes and black olives. Serve with chips and green salad."
Original recipe yield: 6 sandwiches.
* 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* salt and ground black pepper to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil - drained, oil reserved
* 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
* 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate. Lightly pound chicken to flatten. Trim excess fat from edges. Brush lightly with olive oil, then season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and red pepper to taste; set aside
2. In a medium bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and about 2 1/2 tablespoons oil from the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside
3. Place chicken on preheated grill, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning in different directions while cooking to get cross-hatch grill marks. Place cooked chicken on rolls, and top each with a heaping tablespoon of tomato mixture.