Grilled Beets in Rosemary Vinegar
"Don't know what to do with fresh beets? Marinate and grill them in this wonderful sauce! These go great with grilled meat, and are a colorful and flavorful alternative to your usual veggie fare."
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
* 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
* 3 medium beets, sliced into rounds
1. In a medium bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, and herbes de Provence. Place beets in the mixture, and marinate at least 20 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
3. Place the beets and marinade mixture on a piece of foil large enough to wrap all ingredients, and seal tightly. Place the foil packet on the prepared grill, and cook 25 minutes, or until beets are tender.
4. Remove beets from the packet, and place directly on the grill grate for 2 to 5 minutes before serving hot.